About Tiga Talk!
Tiga Talk, a one-of-a-kind app that has been developed with licensed speech and language pathologists to help children who are in the beginning stages of speaking learn how to make 23 core phonetic sounds through playful voice-controlled games that can improve speech clarity and articulation. Tiga Talk is a confidence-building app. Even if you try making the sound, the game stays positive, never criticizing children for making the “wrong” sound. By encouraging children to make sounds to drive cars, launch rockets, and pop balloons, this interactive game will have them “SP-ing” and “CH-ing” in no time at all.
Tiga Talk is a truly incomparable experience for children and adults alike. It is also the first app for children being translated into Canadian Cree, to help families preserve the language by introducing it to children as they are learning their first words.
Gameplay rewards are based entirely on participation, not accuracy, so the child is constantly getting positive feedback as long as they are trying to make sounds!
The app is compatible with iPhone, iPod touch (2nd, 3rd and 4th generation), and iPad. Requires iOS 3.1.3 or later.
- Learn to pronounce sounds more accurately including syllabels, letters, and letter combinations
- Improve coordination and strength of speech muscles
- Learn through sound repetition and imitation
- Differentiate betwen sounds and create a broader base vocabulary
- Improve communication between the brain and the body through visual and auditory aids
- Improve communication with peers and adults
- Improved literacy and language skills
- Instill a sense of pride and confidence
- Game play based on actual speech therapy sessions
- Voice controlled games that encourage clear speaking
- Includes an exciting interactive story adventure
- Beautifully vibrant graphics and a variety of fun games designed to engage young children
- Entertaining cartoon characters deliver lots of entertaining positive feedback
- Licensed speech therapists selected the apps 23 core phonetic sounds
- A sound meter that measures voice volume levels
- Audio and video hints help demonstrate the correct way to make the language sounds
- Track progress and earn gold stars the more you play